Wednesday, January 29, 2014

How did I get to this place?

This is me doing what I do best....
cooking and baking.  I've been on
the diet 'clean-up' for 4  months
 already so I'm a few pounds down.
I have had an issue with my weight my whole life.  I'd diet, work out, then fall off the wagon.  I had every size in my closet from 8 to 22 thinking I'd get back into the little sizes 'someday'.  I would look in the mirror and say 'who is that fat lady?' because the person I was looking at was not me.

About 12 years ago I was diagnosed with severe food allergies.  Everything I knew I should eat (seafood, fish, eggs, tofu, dairy, etc.) made me sick, so eating low fat, low calorie foods was difficult for me.  

Last summer, I went to put on some shorts and they wouldn't zip or button.  I definitely was not going to buy another size up.  NEVER!

Since I never had much luck with Weight Watchers and the prepackaged products always contain products I can't eat, I decided to look into bariatric surgery.  Initially I wanted to have the lap-band but after attending a few seminars about bariatric surgery, I decided that procedure was not for me. After weighing many options, I decided to have a sleeve gastrectomy. 

This blog will include you in my journey through the bariatric process.

As I am currently 2 1/2 weeks away from my surgery, the initial posts will be things I have already done, but you will be included first hand in what I am experiencing as I go through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment