Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stop the craziness!!!

I recently received my surgery date.  I am so excited.  But over the last few days, I've been thinking 'this is the last time I will be able to eat XYZ' and after over six months of watching every bite I put in  my mouth, I ate things I know I shouldn't.  I had a sandwich, tasted a piece of cheesecake, (but did not eat a piece, thank goodness), drank caffeinated beverages...all the things I know I shouldn't be doing. 

I guess it was good to do this now, because I have to say, the scale showed my digressions.  Reward and punishment, I guess.  So now that I have this out of my system, I can go back to behaving.

I am 17 days away from surgery and am hoping like crazy that the flu that hit everyone misses me.  I need to get on with my life.

I have been reading everything I can find on the topic.  I am pretty comfortable with the surgery, but am learning about life afterwards.  People say 'I ate a few spoons of pasta and got sick'.  Yikes!!!  But it is a great reminder that the surgery (and the 6 month effort beforehand) is just the beginning.  I am happy to learn new ways of doing things, and eating will be just one of those things.

So for the super bowl, a usual eating-frenzy day, I'm making a recipe with cauliflower and Canadian bacon.  Both are pretty healthy, but I'm sure will be out of reach for me for several months.  It could be worse.  I could be chowing down on pizza and wings, and chips. 

Enjoy the game (and for me, the commercials) and get past this teeny, tiny bump in the road.  Tomorrow will be a perfect food day.

No comments:

Post a Comment